Sunday 11 September 2016

Balance and freedom // a book - an escape - coming back to the center and find peace.

This week I am going to share with you a passage of one of my favourite book :
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The title may seem a little simplist, I haven't seen the movie adaptation but all I can say is that it's a beautiful journey in the world and into herself at the same time. Like her, Meditation is part of a daily routine but sometimes it is hard to find light and to stop the mind from over-analizing everything.
Halfway through her voyage, she spend three months in a temple in India in search for enlightment, Sean, a 'yogic Irish dairy farmer"who was in the retreat at that time gave her a precious advice:

" Imagine that the universe is a great spinning engine' he said "you want to stay near the core of the thing - right in the hub of the wheel - not out at the edges where all the wild whirling takes place, where you can get frayed and crazy. The hub of calmness - that's your heart. That's where God live within you. So stop looking for answers in the world. Just keep coming back to that center and you'll always find peace."

I chose these pictures because I was in a state of creative, contemplative , close to the light sort of feeling. Ok It wasn't Bali the place where the author goes at the end but it was the closest of what she describes a peaceful paradise in she feels entirely free. I was in a small happy village of Finistere in Brittany, France. I spent a week there on my own contemplating,walking around in the sunshine, taking pictures of windows and sunny rooftops. I wonder when I will be abble to feel free like this again considering that I am a mother and I live with this paradox that I wish I could go away for a time so I can medidate, write , create but at the same time the mother instinct will drive me insane because I will worry all the time whether she is happy, had enough food or enough sleep so I cannot go away really , maybe I should just go back to the center ... although finding peace in company of a toddler is a real challenge...my everyday challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment